You may have heard the term digital transformation, but I’m here to break down what it really means for you and your business.
At Foxability, we prefer to call it Business Transformation.
Moving to digital is transformational, yes, but ultimately, the biggest transformation is to your business, and your experience of working within the business.
With the current new way of working, it’s really important to have the right tech implemented so that productivity is as optimized as possible and your business can continue to thrive.
Many businesses (maybe even yours) are using legacy systems or desktop software. Some businesses, dare I say, have no systems in place at all! This results in inefficiencies in all kinds of areas of the business.
Digital transformation means going from any of these:
- Departments working in isolation
- Duplicating data entry
- Costly maintaining and updating of desktop systems
- Unable to track detailed business metrics
- Single user access systems
- Can only access data from one computer
- Departments collaborating on the same software, working in real time
- Single data entry, automatic flow of data between systems
- Automatic software updates
- Access to business data on performance and profitability
- Access software from anywhere on any device at any time
- Enhanced data security
- Foundations laid for business scalability
- Increased client engagement
- More free time to work on the business
This is not an exhaustive list – there are hundreds more reasons that moving to cloud based software is a good decision and there are thousands of cloud based systems in the market.
You can find everything from accounting software, to inventory management, point of sale, document management, job management, reporting, CRM, and many many more. Holding your important business data in the cloud is going to give you the visibility you need to make informed business decisions and enable you to grow.
Clouds apps can also be integrated so if, for example, you want your CRM system to push opportunities into your job management system as a project, this can happen! As the cloud marketplace is always evolving, the opportunities are quite literally endless.
Moving to the cloud is not as expensive and time consuming as you may think. In fact, you’ll likely be saving money in the long run, and utilising software data to earn even more money.
So how do you get started?
There are 4 main steps I’d recommend:
- Document your current processes to identify the process gaps and the issues you would like to solve using software
- Using this information, create a list of all the features you would like, scoring them on a nice to have to a must have basis
- Research and test apps that have the features you need
- Choose your software, implement, and train your staff
Business transformation is not always this simple
Especially if you’re a growing business who needs multiple software systems. That’s where Foxability comes in. I’d really recommend our process mapping workshop. This is a 90 minute meeting for you to talk us through your processes and current systems. We’ll use our knowledge to help identify the opportunities for transformation. Let us know what your vision is for the business, and we’ll do all the research and let you know which software apps can help you achieve this. We can also assist with customised demos, implementation and get the right onboarding and training in place to achieve successful change management.
This is our speciality, and we love what we do.
So, if you have any questions, need advice, or would like to dedicate a professional app advisor to lead this project for you, then please feel free to get in touch.